Q: Replaced part after check engine light was diagnosed, but the check engine light came back on after a few days.

asked by on February 16, 2017

I had a P0010 code from a CEL and replaced the VVT solenoid but my check engine light came back on about 4 days later next idea?

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement $104.59 - $809.88 Get a Quote

Hi there. The code P0010 is in reference of the Camshaft Position Sensor on your engine. Check the harness to the sensor and see if its hooked up properly. Then check the sensor for resistance as the engine is cranked with the ignition disabled. If there is no resistance change, then the Camshaft Position Sensor would need to be replaced. If there is resistance, then the reluctor wheel could be damaged.