Q: P0483, with engine overheating.

Hi Joe i have 2015 GMC 2500 6.6 Duramax check light on code P0483 cooling fan rationality check malfunction didnt over heat until temp remain normal driving empty, with the check light on, when towing aircon cut out temp risers and began to overheat P0483 indecates wiring or relay or controller no lose or disconnected wires have already replace fan and clutch check light came back on

A: Hello. P0483 is the trouble code a "C...

Hello. P0483 is the trouble code a "Cooling Fan Rationality Check Malfunction. If the computer detects a discrepancy between the cooling fan’s commanded state of operation, versus the actual state of the circuit, it will set off this code to notify the driver of the issue. In most instances this trouble code is set off by electrical issue with the cooling fan circuit, and will result in cooling fan malfunctions and engine overheating. If the engine only began overheating during towing, it may be possible that the increased weight of the towing is what pushed the vehicle to reach excessively high temperatures. If you have already replaced the fan and clutch then a few other things I would look at are the fan wiring, fan relay, carefully inspecting them for any signs of wear or damage that may be cutting power to the fan. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional techician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the cause of your check engine light and cooling fan malfunctions.