Q: Good Day , I have a 01 chevy silverado 5.3 V8 with about 200,000 miles on it. over the past few years I have put out about $10,000

asked by on March 30, 2018

Good Day , I have put a lot of time and money in the truck had the truck since 2000. I have replaced the water pump, rack and pin, and sensors at least twice now over the years. I have found out that I need to replace the water pump, O2, and exhaust system with a few other issues that will cost me about $5000 to do. My wife is saying sell it or park it forever! lol. So should I park it or fix it or sell it ?

Unfortunately this decision can be very difficult to make. With the amount of money that you already have invested into the truck it would be hard to let the truck go. However continuing to invest more money into a truck that you will never get back out of it is also not a smart idea. If the vehicle is not working at all, I would likely recommend to just get rid of the vehicle. However if the vehicle can be running again without too much money being put into it, I would recommend fixing it enough to get it sold.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr