Q: Partial Odometer display

Just bought truck. The 1st and middle number of odometer digital display dont work. Is it normal for partial failure? Tampering???

This may suggest that the instrument gauge cluster is failing or that the odometer has been tampered with. I would recommend taking it into the dealership to have it tested for proper voltage. You may also want to check the vehicle carfax as this will also often times reveal odometer rollback fraud if it has been tampered with. You will also want to look for any odometer notice stickers anywhere in the truck that may indicate whether or not the odometer has ever been serviced, replaced or worked on.