Q: Total car system failure with the brakes not working properly, the accelerator not working, and the speedometer acting up all at the same time. Why?

I have a Toyota camry 2000. Occasionally I discover that while driving, the brake will just seize to catch, accelerator will not be working, speedometer malfunctioning at the same time. I will have to stop and re-ignite before it will come back to normal. Please, what could be the problem?

The brake system is mechanical so you would want to check the brake fluid and make sure that it is full in the master cylinder reservoir. If the fluid is full, then either the fluid is full of moisture and needs flushed out or the brake system is sticking due to contamination and needs the fluid flushed out. For the speedometer and accelerator not working properly, there could be a loose ground wire between the vehicle’s cab and the chassis frame.

If you need further assistance with your brakes and electrical issues, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Total car system failure with the brakes not working properly, the accelerator not working, and the speedometer acting up all at the same time. Why?