Q: Fuel pump

asked by on March 14, 2017

How can i get my truck to start after changing the fuel pump.

Hi There, You may want to double check a few things such as making sure you have proper ground and that all wires are properly connected. You should be able to hear the fuel pump come on when turning the key to the on position prior to starting the truck. If you do not hear it come on, check the fuel pump relay. The relay wires should have ground on two wires, power on one wire and switched power on another wire. To activate the fuel pump your ECU actually connects one of the ground wires to complete the circuit and send power to the fuel pump. If the wires all have power running through them, then it is likely you have a faulty relay. The wire coming from the fuel pump is the other ground wire. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your wiring as this can be very difficult and time consuming without the proper wiring diagram.