Q: When I start my car it immediately stops.

asked by on December 18, 2015

Car starts and then stops, will not keep running.

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The most common thing to look for is the code key causing this complaint. The theft light on the dash may stay on and not go out. The cause can be the key itself or the anti-theft system causing it. The other possible problem is the exhaust recirculation valve sticking open and causing a start and then running rough and stalling. For this problem, you may be able to keep the engine running by revving up the engine after it starts. Chrysler is also known to have a main fuse relay module problem that may be causing stalling or ’no starts’. My recommendation is to have a certified technician check these possible problems or any other issues that may be found.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr