Q: What does the Check Fuel Cap Fill Inlet Light mean on the dash?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the Check Fuel Cap Fill Inlet Light mean on the dash?

There are several important warning lights on the dash of your Escape. The Check Fuel Cap Inlet Light is designed to come on briefly when you crank the car. It should go out shortly afterward. If it stays on, or if it comes on while you’re driving, it means that the system has detected a possible leak in the evaporative emissions system (fuel). This is most commonly a loose gas cap, but your car is not equipped with a cap. You have the Easy Fuel® system instead. You’ll need to check the fuel inlet and make sure that both the inlet and the filler door are closed.

Tips

• The Service Engine Soon Light may come on as well.
  • You will also see a warning in the car’s message center that says “Check fuel fill inlet”.