Q: Front left tire shakes during braking

asked by on June 28, 2016

The front left tire shakes while I am pressing brakes no matter what the speed is. I went to the shop and they said the brakes are fine, both the front and rear ones. Why is only one tire shaking? What should I check next?

You may have a warped rotor, this can be checked with a dial indicator to measure the runout of the suspecting rotor. If the rotor is okay then you may have an ABS problem with the wheel sensor causing the ABS to think the wheel is stoping when it is not. An ABS test with a scan tool and a road test could verify the problem is the sensor if the rotor is not warped.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider enlisting a qualified mechanic who can properly diagnose the shaking you’re experiencing and fix it accordingly.