Q: Clear fluid leaking near wheels

There is fluid dripping put the wheel wells in front and behind the wheel. Doesn't appear to be coming from the axel area

Hello. We need to gather some more information. Which wheel(s) is this happening with? Is it one wheel or multiple wheels? The only clear liquid to leak from your wheels is brake fluid, and that would make for a very dangerous situation. You can check the master cylinder inside of the engine compartment to check the level of your brake fluid. If it is low, then there is a strong chance your leak is break fluid.

Have you had any other issues with the vehicle? It would be very strange for all of the brakes to start leaking at once. The brake system is a closed system, and a leak would indicate a serious issue. Due to it being hydraulic fluid, a leak could cause the brakes to fail altogether.

Typically leaks around the wheel pertain to a broken brake fluid line, or a faulty bleeder valve. You will want to determine that it is in fact brake fluid and then proceed to track where the leak is coming from.

If you can’t seem to pinpoint the issue yourself, contact a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to you to diagnose the source of the brake fluid leak and make the necessary repairs.

3. Clear fluid leaking near wheels