Q: How to reset 2008 dodge caliber electonic throttle control system

asked by on November 02, 2017

I was just about out of gas and almost to has station when a red lightening bolt started flashing and the car started sputtering, hard to turn the steering wheel and losing power to about 10-15 mph just rolling into the gas station the motor sounding louder and different so shut it off got gas tried to start and nothing about ten minutes go by and it starts but it sounds terrible barely any power while trying to back into a parking spot and sputtered all the way like almost dieing so had auto parts store test my car looking for codes with there machine and no luck so my car sits at gas station for the second night now i was told to try and reset the electronic throtle control system so i tried that with no change. What can i do to fix this please help im a new mom and broke and now carless

Since you ran your car out of fuel it may have burned the fuel pump out. You should have the fuel pressure tested to see if the pump in the fuel tank failed? When you run your fuel too low on an older pump or run real low on fuel on a regular basis it can overheat and cause the fuel pump to fail pretty quick. If the pump is bad then it will cause a no start.