Q: Rattling front passenger side, Chech Engine light 2006 Dodge Ram 1500

asked by on December 28, 2016

I was driving to a friends house when I first heard the rattle coming from the passenger side Engine compartment I though it was weird I've never heard it before today I got their with no issues after the day passes I went home, got most of the was home( about 35 min when I heard it again this time louder than before and about 10 seconds after the rattle the check engine light comes on. I take it home and look md listen but the engine sounds fine when I'm in idle only when I'm in Motion to I hear the rattle and it only happens once in a while ?

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - I believe you have 2 different problems: one related to the Check Engine light, and second - something loose in the front suspension which rattles only while the truck is in motion. Check for problem codes - most auto parts stores will do this for free - to determine what is turning on the Check Engine light. I would recommend a suspension inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose the "rattle" problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.