Q: Rattling front passenger side, Chech Engine light 2006 Dodge Ram 1500

I was driving to a friends house when I first heard the rattle coming from the passenger side Engine compartment I though it was weird I've never heard it before today I got their with no issues after the day passes I went home, got most of the was home( about 35 min when I heard it again this time louder than before and about 10 seconds after the rattle the check engine light comes on. I take it home and look md listen but the engine sounds fine when I'm in idle only when I'm in Motion to I hear the rattle and it only happens once in a while ?

Hello - I believe you have 2 different problems: one related to the Check Engine light, and second - something loose in the front suspension which rattles only while the truck is in motion. Check for problem codes - most auto parts stores will do this for free - to determine what is turning on the Check Engine light. I would recommend a suspension inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose the "rattle" problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Rattling front passenger side, Chech Engine light 2006 Dodge Ram 1500