Q: My car is misfiring on several cylinders and there is coolant in my coil pack 5and 6

asked by on December 25, 2017

My car started misfiring in random cylinders all at once. It shows code for cylinder 5 and 6 misfire also. We pulled the coil pack in 5 and there is coolant inside of it. My car is ildiling rough, has no power and dies even if u have foot on pedal

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The presence of coolant suggests a leak and that should be resolved as a leak could be a cause of the misfiring if water creates a path to ground. If, by chance, you are referring to coolant actually in the cylinders, that is you removed the spark plug(s) and see coolant, obviously that would be a significant problem. Regardless of the exact service you request, in your circumstance both the leak and the misfiring would be looked at together. I suggest you request a coolant leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.