Q: The power steering is making a grinding noise?

as I stated the power steering pump is making a grinding noise although the reservoir is full of power steering fluid do you know what could cause this problem

A: Hi there. If the power steering fluid is ae...

Hi there. If the power steering fluid is aerated, I would look to the power steering fluid supply hose fitting at the power steering pump. The inlet fitting o-ring is a fairly common failure and allows air to be drawn into the power steering fluid and yet doesn't leak fluid. If there is no aeration in the fluid, it may be, the bearing is failing in the power steering pump. I recommend having your vehicle's power steering grinding noise be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.