Q: Delayed first gear when pressing accelerator

My used car has 94,000 miles and runs smoothly, but when pressing the accelerator, it has a delayed shift. The delayed shift is ‘only’ in first gear. After that, it performs well and runs fine. It happens more, like at a red light, when I’m at a complete stop and then press the gas. I need to find out soon what the problem is so I can get it into the dealership before the warranty runs out. Can you tell me what the problem is?

A: Hello. The issues you are having sound more...

Hello. The issues you are having sound more like transmission issues. You will want to get a fluid and filter change. After 100,000 miles, it is typical for a fluid change if not sooner. Your owners manual will have all the information about what your make and model's recommendations are. You need to get your vehicle to the manufacturer as soon as possible considering the length of your warranty. If your warranty has expired, have a certified professional, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the delayed shifting in order to have it properly corrected.