Q: How do I put on a seat belt correctly?

How do I put on a seat belt correctly?

A: Wearing a seat belt can save lives, but onl...

Wearing a seat belt can save lives, but only if it’s put on correctly. Otherwise, it can be dangerous in an accident.

1. Pull the shoulder belt forward so that it extends over the shoulder but not touching the neck. It shouldn’t be so loose that it slides down the shoulder.

2. Extend the lap belt over the hips where it’s comfortable but tight enough to prevent much movement.

3. Make sure the seat is in an upright position and sit up straight.

4. Don’t let the seat belt twist when you attempt to fasten it.