Q: replacing a crankshaft sesor in a suzuki XL7

asked by on August 13, 2016

I was driving and the car just died on me. I have fuel and I have spark (only checked on plug). my scan tool says several misfires and the car wouldn't start

Timing Belt Replacement $295.56 - $1284.62 Get a Quote
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement $105.38 - $768.03 Get a Quote
Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2008 Suzuki. It may be caused by a timing belt that has jumped a tooth. A bad crank sensor will typically cause the ignition to not fire at all. For a more precise diagnosis, a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to inspect the misfire and starting issue on your car and advise you on the appropriate repairs.