Q: I have a p0300 code changed all but the cat could that cause the code at all I fixed egr and spark plugs already and the cat smoke

asked by on February 08, 2018

I have a code P0300 I have changed the egr the spark plugs and ignition coil the cat smokes and I still have a random misfire code what could cause this

Catalytic Converter Replacement $291.63 - $3224.07 Get a Quote

The catalytic converter may certainly cause the P0300 random misfire code to show up due to the inability for the exhaust to properly breathe, which can cause un-burnt exhaust gases to reignite inside the catalytic converter. A clogged or failing catalytic converter can cause the vehicle to have poor fuel economy. As you may already know, the catalytic converter converts toxic exhaust gases into less harmful pollutants that are suitable to be expelled into the atmosphere. When this is clogged, this causes these gases to be backed up into the exhaust system not allowing the engine to breathe properly. When this happens, the engine is forced to work much harder to expel these gases. This often results in the engine bogging down, hesitating, shaking and causing very poor fuel economy. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr