Q: intake leak and sputters and dies

My car is leaking oil by intake and the engine idols rough and i smell gas plus sputters and dies when i try to pass someone

This could be a variety of issues causing the rough idling. The oil leak at the intake suggests you may have a blown head gasket. Has the car gotten abnormally hot? If so, this could explain the leak and would also cause it run rough or die. Eventually, if continued to be driven this way it will not start or run at all. I would suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the leak firsthand and make the necessary repairs.