Q: Shifting into reverse goes forward

I bought a new car and the following day put into reverse goes forward and I popped the pumper the dealership charge me $900 to fix I paid the money but the problem happened 2 times again keeping telling them but they said nothing wrong with the car and the computer didn't show any problem,, but after that they found the transmission and clutch problems they fixed for free.. still now they don't wanna pay my money back $900. What can I do?

Hi there. Unfortunately, diagnosing a mechanical problem is not an exact science; nor does it always become solved the first time. The automatic transmission has 3 systems; electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical. The problem with your vehicle might be one, two or all of these systems that is faulty. In regards to the dealership, if you paid for a service and they eventually found it, that doesn’t typically indicate a refund for the original service is warranted. In some cases, it will take multiple attempts to fix a problem where three unique different systems are involved. What would be good is to have them document what repairs were completed, so if this problem happens again, the mistakes in diagnosing it can be resolved.

3. Shifting into reverse goes forward