Q: Blower Fan Run Very Slow At All Speed Selections

Hello I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla LE The heater blower will only blow on low at all speed selections. I have replaced the resistor pack, and the blower fan motor and no change at all. The fan will only spin very slow at all speed selections from the switch. Is there a relay somewhere? Please help as it is getting very cold out, and window will not defrost.

The speed of the fan blowing is generally controlled by the resistor which you have already replaced. Occasionally, the blower motor itself can fail also causing this type of problem, however it sounds like you have replaced this also. The relay simply controls the power to the motor, so this is more of an all or nothing type switch. The other possibility may be that the wiring from the resistor to the blower motor itself may not be supplying the proper connectivity causing improper resistance which is inversely correlated with the power it supplies to the motor. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to test your system to determine what may be causing this.

3. Blower Fan Run Very Slow At All Speed Selections