Q: Cooling Fan

Cooling fan cycles on and off when car is shut off and just sitting

Hi, thanks for writing in. This is most likely related to a faulty coolant fan switch. This is a relay switch that comes on when the temperature of the coolant system reaches a certain level. When this switch is faulty, it may cause the fans to come on intermittently or sometimes not at all or at the wrong times as you are experiencing. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Q: Cooling Fan