Q: Right rear end thump sound when going over bumps,potholes,etc

When going over bumps,potholes, etc in the right rear end is a thump sound at any speed sounds like something is loose but check everything I could think of

A: A thump sound from the right rear of the ...

Hello.

A thump sound from the right rear of the vehicle is usually the result of a worn or damaged suspension component. If all of the links and bushings look good and are tight, then it may be possible that the shock absorber is bad.

A faulty shock absorber will not be able to properly absorb road bumps and movements and may knock as a result of bottoming out. A faulty shock absorber may display signs of oil leakage, or may simply be soft when compressing it by hand. It may also be possible that the spring is bad, which would cause similar symptoms for similar reasons.

If you need help with fixing this issue, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose your suspension system for an accurate repair.