Q: dies after driving a little while an wont start again

wouldn't start so bought new battery. Started but engine light came on the light where shows your in drive flicks on an off constantly and once you drive it a little while it dies and wont start again an only makes a clicking noise when you try to start it like the batteries dead. Nothing will work the lights or nothing once it dies. It will start when you jump it but only run so long until it dies again. Engine light never goes off. Has plenty of the fluids.

A: This sounds like the alternator is not rech...

This sounds like the alternator is not recharging the battery. You drive it for a while then it dies like the battery is dead from the charging system not working and the voltage drops below the operating voltage needed to shift the gears and operate the engine systems. This is why it will only go so far before it dies again. If you want to have this checked at by a professional, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue and perform an appropriate repair.