Q: Car hesitating after full stop

My car sometimes hesitates after a full stop. Otherwise, the car drives fine and the Check Engine light is not illuminated. I had previously gotten error codes P0014, P0024, and P0725. The car also has a brand new battery.

A: Hello, the code you have could be for two s...

Hello, the code you have could be for two separate issues. The first one to look at is codes p0014 (exhaust valve performance bank 1) and p0024 (exhaust valve performance bank 2). The first thing to check is the engine oil level, these valves use oil pressure to activate the cam advance/ retard actuator. Code p0725 is the transmission control unit not receiving engine rpm. Now this is where these codes could be related, all three of these to operate properly require a proper signal from the crankshaft sensor. I assume that the crank sensor is operating correctly since you didn't state a code for the crank sensor. The hesitation you are experiencing is probably related to one of these faults. To check the operation, a scanner is need to monitor data from the engine PCM, to see if engine RPM and the exhaust cam adjuster is working. To have this issue properly diagnosed, have your engine hesitation issue inspected by a certified mechanic.