Q: green security light doesn't come on all the time

green security light isn't dependable

Is the immobilizer not letting the green security light from coming on on the dash and letting the vehicle start? Is there anything else that could keep the green security key light from coming on ? It's on the key switch, which we have replaced. However, the key switch replacements come with the immobilizer. My car has 250000 miles. My car has an automatic transmission. It will crank every time tho. We can't really drive this vehicle since it is so undependable about the light.

As you know, your car is equipped with an anti-theft system that is operated by sensors typically on the doors that allow the anti theft system to be set when the doors are shut. When you shut your car door and lock it, these sensors relay this information to the security system letting it know that it is now safe to arm the vehicle. Sometimes these sensors tend to wear out or become faulty causing them to relay the wrong signal or in some cases not work at all causing the security system to not be set properly. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to take a look at your car to properly diagnose and repair the security system.