Q: Squeaking in suspension, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500

When parked, I can put weight on the bumper and hear a squeaking/grinding noise from the left front tire. When driving I can hear it now and then as well, only at low speeds. Would this be a specific issue or multiple options?

A: Hello. Squeaking in the front suspension is...

Hello. Squeaking in the front suspension is usually caused by worn, dry, or unlubricated suspension bushings or components. If the noise is coming from a control arm bushing it may be possible that the bushing just needs to be greased or lubricated. It may also be possible that a component or bushing needs to be replaced, if it is severely worn.

I would recommend carefully examining the suspension components and bushings that connect to the front left tire, to see if you can perhaps determine where the noise is coming from, and then lubricating or replacing any problematic components. If you would like to have this looked at, a certified expert from YourMechanic can inspect the squeaking/grinding noise to determine what repairs are necessary.