Q: Coolant leak sprayed everywhere

asked by on February 18, 2016

My car overheats, and there was a coolant leak after turning it off that sprayed coolant everywhere. I'm not sure if it's a water pump. I replaced the radiator hose and must have done something wrong. That's when the problem started.

Hello. More than likely, the hose clamps are loose or they are not in the right position. This would cause coolant to spray everywhere. It may also be necessary to replace the hose clamps you have now with new ones. Another possibility is that there is a pin hole in the new hose that was installed. All of these things would need to be inspected and ruled out before knowing if there is a problem with the water pump. A coolant system pressure check can determine whether there is a pin hole in the radiator hose or somewhere else, and where that pin hole is located. It would be a good idea to have an experienced certified technician complete the coolant system pressure check in order to find and fix the source of the coolant leak.