Q: A few days after replacing serpentine belt the car will not move when in drive

The serpentine belt and another related belt (the mechanic did not give a name) were replaced. After driving the car for a few days, then one day the car would start, lights, air conditioner, windows etc all worked and when putting the car in drive it would move and accelerate when giving gas, but then it would not accelerate when giving gas and only coast. All electrical still worked. Pulled over, put the car in park, put windows down and shut car off. Tried to start the car a few minutes later to put the windows up but no power and when trying to start the car got the clicking noise, battery was completely dead. Is this related to the belts or is it a new unrelated issue?

This would suggest that you may have a charging system problem as well as the car potentially being in limp mode. When the car goes into limp mode this is a measure the car’s computer takes in an effort to keep you and the car safe when one or more critical components is not working properly. When this happens you should have a Check Engine Light on which will register fault codes in the car’s computer which will point to specific components. I would recommend having an certified expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose your starting issue and help you repair it.

3. A few days after replacing serpentine belt the car will not move when in drive