Q: Car unresonsive, dash lights on

asked by on May 25, 2016

Hello. Several lights on the dashboard came on after hitting the speed bump. The Service Engine Soon light, the slip light along with the Traction Control light are on. When I pressed the gas pedal, the engine was completely unresponsive, so I restarted it. After I did that, there was still Service Engine Light on, but the car ran fine. The mechanic said that it's the pedal sensor error and he had the light reset. However, after driving for about 20 miles, there it was yet again, the same issue. Could you please give me some advice on what to check next? Thank you.

Hello. When you get a pedal sensor code on this vehicle then it is usually a pedal assembly that needs to be replaced and the connections at the assembly that need to be checked. If these are fine then the throttle body is the problem. I have had a lot of throttle bodies fail on this vehicle that will cause this. I test the throttle body with a scan tool and visually to see if it is functioning the way that it should. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your unresponsive gas pedal.