Q: I replaced ignition tumbler and put it in wrong, now I can't get it out.

I replaced ignition tumbler and put it in wrong. The locking pin is in the wrong slot. When I was lining it up to reinsert it I did not have everything aligned properly. I did not realize it until I had inserted the tumbler all the way in. Now the locking pin is in the bottom slot. What can I do to get it out?

A: I never installed one or knew it would go i...

I never installed one or knew it would go in upside down. However, I would suspect you would have to drill the tumbler out like I would have to do if I did not have a key. Did you try and turn the key to the ’On’ position in the hopes the pin is not locking into anything and will pull back out? For this situation, I would either call a locksmith or drill it out and replace the cylinder again.