Q: Car won't crank warning lights came on and the words service advance trac came up on the dashboard

Why won't my car crank I pulled in a park spot in a public area with the car for about 5 mins. Next thing I know the car cuts off by itself. I tried to crank it back up but it wouldn't . Warning lights came on with the words service advance track across the dashboard

Hello. For your car to suddenly act like this, it is typically the result of a loss of voltage. The battery itself may have failed. When this occurs, other warning lights come on because there is not enough power for those modules to turn on.

I would typically start by doing a load test on the battery. If the battery is fine, then it may just be a bad connection at the battery. If one of the cables are corroded or loose, then that will cause this also. If the battery and cable connections are fine, then it may be the negative cable connections to the body and frame. Those tend to come loose on this vehicle. If nothing is found when checking these items, I end up doing a load test of the ignition switch to see if that is failing.

If you needed to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car starting issue and make any repairs that are needed.

3. Car won't crank warning lights came on and the words service advance trac came up on the dashboard