Electric power steering rack 2012 Ford Focus power steeri...

Q: Electric power steering rack 2012 Ford Focus

asked by on February 04, 2017

Replaced the power steering rack and it still does not work.how can or do I need to program this new part to the car? I reset the codes but it did not work.

Hi there - the electrically-assisted steering rack does have a software component that must be loaded, and sync’d with the rest of the car. This will require a visit to your Ford dealer, or Ford service center with this capability. They will also have the Ford-specific diagnostic gear to diagnose this and any other issues with this component.