Key stuck in the ignition. impala keys v6-3.5l chevrolet ...

Q: Key stuck in the ignition.

asked by on February 17, 2017

How to get the key out

To remove the key from the ignition switch, try turning the steering wheel left and right as you turn the ignition switch. Make sure that the vehicle is in park to make the interlock solenoid unlock the ignition switch lock. If nothing works, then you will have to remove the battery cables and remove the steering column covers to get to the ignition switch. Then remove the locks on the switch and then put the key in the ACC position and the switch will come out. At that point you can try to remove the key. You may have to replace the key and the ignition switch. If you need further assistance with your key stuck, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.