Q: BAS/ESP light coming on

asked by on March 18, 2016

While I am driving my car and pressing on the brakes the BAS/ESP light comes on. The car doesn't shut off, but the accelerator stops working. To reset the light, I have to pull over, stop my car, and restart it. Everything is fine until I have to brake again. At first, it only happened about once or twice a month, Now, it is happening more frequently.

Brake System Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your vehicle may be having an issue with the connections to the brake sensor. The connections may have corrosion which will make the system go into failure mode, intermittently causing the throttle to not respond. I recommend having your brake system tested and connections for the BAS/ESP system checked by a qualified technician to properly address your issue.