Q: Clunking on sharp turns at slow speed when engine is warm.

After the car/engine is fully warmed up, there is a clunking on slow speed sharp/moderately sharp turns. Feedback can be felt in the shifter, and the entire car. There is also a binding. When backing in to the driveway in the turn, the car will need to "get past" the binding to keep moving. Previously the car would back in smoothly with no clunk or binding. It happens in fwd and reverse, when the engine if off or on and if the car is in gear or not. Thank you

My car has a manual transmission. 09 Subaru Impreza

A common cause of clunking in the circumstances you describe is a faulty outer CV joint. Such can often be detected on visual exam and with simple tests. Failure of the outer CV joints will cause audible clicking or clunking on turns. If the rubber boots are torn on the driveshafts (especially on the outer CV joints), that is typically an indication that there is a CV axle failure. If you request a front axle noise diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic will evaluate all the possibilities and resolve this for you. If the CV axle is defective, YourMechanic does remove and replace CV axles on a mobile basis. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Clunking on sharp turns at slow speed when engine is warm.