Q: No thermostat new water pump still overheating

asked by on March 19, 2017

Took thermostat out replaced water pump but it still overheating

Running an engine without the thermostat can cause the engine to overheat due to the coolant passes through the engine too fast and will not let the coolant absorb the heat from the engine. If you reinstall a new thermostat and engine still overheats then you need to see if a head gasket is blown or the cooling fan clutch is bad. If both are okay then you need to verify good flow of coolant through the radiator. If the radiator has clogged cores then it will be able to cool the engine enough and it will overheat.