Q: P0015 code

asked by on December 31, 2016

I have a P0015 code and the check engine light on. Which one is the Bank 1 exhaust sensor in my car? I want to change it

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A P0015 doesn’t refer to the Oxygen (exhaust) sensor. But if you want to change it, Bank 1 on the Mercedes V6 is the left (driver’s) side of the car. P0015 indicates the camshaft on bank 1 is over-retarded. This refers to a problem in the Variable Valve Timing (VVT or VCT) system. It is a hydraulic device on the end of the camshaft that makes small adjustments in the camshaft timing to suit the driving conditions. It has a number of very small orifices so it can easily become sticky or clogged and stop functioning in an older engine with dirty oil. If you are lucky, an oil change can solve the problem. But more likely the VCT will need to be dismantled and cleaned.To get this solved, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your Mercedes and let you know what needs to be done to solve the problem.