Q: Using a lot of oil, no leaks under car

I have been changing my oil every 4,000 miles on my 2009 Camry LX. I started burning through oil about a year ago. I have replaced the valve gaskets twice and am now completely filling up the oil every 2000 miles. The car now has 150k miles on it. There are no leaks or noises or anything. Please help.

Thinking your car may be burning oil is never a fun thing to experience. Our first step in resolving this concern is to investigate exactly where the missing oil is disappearing. This should start with asking your nearest Toyota dealer for a free of charge oil consumption test. An oil consumption test is a simple procedure that begins with draining all of the engine of its oil and then replacing the oil filter and finally using a vehicle appropriate oil to top it off. Our next step is measuring the volume of the oil both before and after a test drive, which will let us know the amount of oil that is disappearing. Tamper seals are used on the oil cap, drain plug, filter and dipstick for the best results. Starting in December 2014, Toyota released a service to extend your warranty, covering all the cost of the repairs needed in regards to excessive oil consumption. Once this is identified as the problem, Toyota will replace your piston and piston rings, which are found inside the engine. Contacting Toyota directly will be your best course of action in regards to addressing this concern and see to see if you are eligible. If you prefer to have this work completed by your independent mechanic, such as those with YourMechanic, Toyota will reimburse you once the repair is complete.

3. Using a lot of oil, no leaks under car