Q: Car ignition won't turn over and is making a clicking sound.

I went to start up my car and at first it started up but I accidentally let the clutch out too soon and the car went dead, when I tried to started again be car wouldn't start up and now will not start.

A: This sounds like you may have a faulty star...

This sounds like you may have a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

Recommended services
Get a Quote