Q: My car will not start when the outside temperature is very cold

I have been having issues of my car not starting when the outside temp is very cold (around 30-40 F). I have had a new battery placed in it last week and it worked fine for a few days and yesterday morning it will not start. I took it back to the auto store and had the battery and the alternator checked. The battery came back bad and the alternator checked out good. So I had a newer and better battery placed in it last night and tried to start it up this morning and the car will not start. What is causing my car to not start? Also, the car starts just fine on days that are warmer.