Q: Truck dies over night. Sometimes within a few hours.

My truck started dying few months ago if it sat for more than 24 hrs. Then it started doing it over night. Now will do it with in few hours. Once it's jumped it runs fine. No lights dim never died going down the road. Alternator is good. Battery less than 3 months old. When I open my door and it's dead I can hear a clicking noise in my dash but no lights are left on. Ground wires are tight. Every now and then when I stop at a stop light my battery gauge will drop but will raise right back up when I hit the gas. Please help no one can figure this out.

There is an electrical short somewhere. The fastest way is to have a specialist diagnose the vehicle and trace the issue. Short of that, start removing one fuse at a time to check. Reinstall each fuse when you come back to the vehicle. When you get to the fuse, that was removed and started the vehicle when you reinstalled it, that would be the circuit the short is on and needs to be traced out. A certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect the electrical system in your car in order to resolve the starting issue you are having.