Q: Truck won't start after replacing fuel pump and filter. It acts like it has no spark - 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

asked by on November 11, 2016

Issue started with truck stalling and restarting then after changing fuel filter started and ran for five minutes then died after that wouldn't run more than thirty seconds replaced the fuel pump now won't start at all acts like there is no spark

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement $111.64 - $903.72 Get a Quote

If the motor started and ran for five minutes, it is highly unlikely that it has no spark. You may want to consider checking the fuel pressure regulator. As you may know, this is responsible for helping maintain the correct fuel pressure. When this is not working properly, it may cause the system not to maintain enough pressure to supply the fuel injectors with the correct amount of fuel to cause the engine to fire.

I would recommend having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why your car will not start and if the fuel pressure regulator needs to be replaced.