Q: Drive shaft replacement

asked by on December 11, 2016

What components do i need to replace the drive shaft I want someone to fix it without me having to pay a ridiculous price

Hello. Replacing a driveshaft usually require replacement of the driveshaft itself and any bearings or couplings that go with it. Most driveshafts will have at least one center support bearing or flex coupler joint that should also be replaced at the same time, though this is completely dependent on the model of vehicle. Also keep in mind that some driveshafts are serviceable, and can be repaired by replacing the u joints. It would appear that apart from the cv axles, your vehicle is equipped with a driveshaft, that is assuming it is an AWD model. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to replace the driveshaft.