Q: What does trans hot idle engine in a 05 Cadillac sts

asked by on February 25, 2018

I just purchased a 2005 Cadillac sts yesterday as i was sitting idle a trans hot idle engine warning came on once i made it home which was 5 mins up the road i smelled a burning smell i wasnt driving rough or fast this warning came on while i was idle i just need to know if this is a major issue and what to do

You may have a clogged filter and should try having a transmission filter change and fluid replaced to see if it fixed the problem first before having the transmission further diagnosis done.