Q: Car wouldn't start, electronics work

The other day the engine shut off completely. I tried to jump start it but it just wouldn't. The electronic features seems to be working fine. The lights and beeping sounds work normally. However the car wouldn't start. Then, out of the blue it started about 20 minutes later. What could be causing this?

A: Hello there. Thanks for writing in about yo...

Hello there. Thanks for writing in about your 2001 Mercedes CLK430. There are a few potential causes for this. Most common would be a fuel pump, battery, battery cable, starter, or ignition switch. Any of those parts could be intermittently failing causing the issues to not always be present. Have a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the starting issue in person to make a more precise diagnosis and repair.