Q: Battery not charging and car unable to start

When I went out to start my car today it wouldn’t start up. I thought it might be the battery, so I got a jump. Then I tried starting the car, and I only got the interior lights. When I turned the key I only got a clicking noise from the rear of the car. Then I was able to push start it. It ran for about a couple of minutes which was enough to fully charge my battery. But when I tried to start it again it didn’t start. Do you know what might be wrong?

The problem you are having sounds like a starter assembly failing, but this usually causes a click from the relay or the starter assembly which is fastened to the engine. I recommend having a local expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location to diagnose the no-start and assist with the appropriate repairs.

3. Battery not charging and car unable to start