Q: Engine sputters when accelerating. Eventually will lose all power and I have to pull over. Replaced fuel pump and filter

Just replaced fuel pump and filter. Engine bogs down and splitters upon acceleration. If I drive it the car will eventually lose all power and il have to pull over and cut it off and back on

Hello, thank you for writing in. Due to the various components and systems that can cause these symptoms, there will need to be several tests and inspections to determine the issue. The vehicle needs to be scanned for diagnostic codes even without a check engine light on. Use any information found there to help guide you. Without any codes, you will want to make sure the throttle body, idle air control valve, and the mass airflow sensor are all clean and working properly. You will want to verify the battery and alternator have adequate outputs. These recommendations are assuming the issues were present before the fuel pump was replaced. If these started after the fuel pump was replaced, make sure the filter is installed the right direction, and test fuel pressure available to the engine. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Engine sputters when accelerating. Eventually will lose all power and I have to pull over. Replaced fuel pump and filter