Q: I have a 2013 dodge ram 1500 that reads wrong key fob. My truck is manual everything so I have no fob just the chipped key.

I went into the store came out and went to start the truck and it reads " wrong key fob" my truck is manual locks so I have no fob just the chipped key so i called a lock smith to make a new key or reprogram the old one and his computer kept saying communication failure. Any ideas what to do.

Hi Bobbie. Thanks for sending your question today. Usually, when it’s a communication error, the root problem is a trapped security code inside the ECU. This often has to be removed by a dealership since they have the proprietary software to access the security side of the ECU. I would call your local Dodge dealership and ask them if they can resolve this problem for you.

3. I have a 2013 dodge ram 1500 that reads wrong key fob. My truck is manual everything so I have no fob just the chipped key.