Q: My seatbelt chime wont work

asked by on March 14, 2017

So my seatbelt chime won't work but on my dash the seatbelt sign comes on.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle will have a sensor under or in the seat that detects when someone is sitting in it. This sensor controls the air bags and the seat belt sensors. The sensor may have gotten bumped or displaced, or the electrical wiring may have been unplugged. Make sure nothing has been shoved under the seat. If you can locate the sensor, make sure it is properly connected before replacing it. For more help with the repair, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.